2. What Information We Collect
There are three primary ways we collect information about you: (1) when you give it to us by requesting an health insurance quote directly (2) from our website or submitting information to be part of our team, or better yet to partner with us, (3) through automated technologies when you contact us by phone directly. We’ve broken down each of those three categories in further detail below.
A. Information you provided to us
You may provide information to us in various ways, such as through forms or other means offered through our Services. The most likely way you’ll provide us with information about yourself is by entering it in our web contact and customer information form in order to have us generate an insurance quote for you. We collect, retain, and use such information, as well as the information in categories 2 and 3 below, even if you do not complete the web flow. For example, we will ask you some basic questions about your medical history in order to generate a life insurance quote for you. The types of information you provide us fit into two categories. Personal Information is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, email address, Social Security number or phone number. Non-Personal Information is information about you or your household that, on its own, doesn’t identify you personally, like your gender, income or what types of products you’re interested in. When we combine information that isn’t Personal Information (like Usage Information, as explained below) with Personal Information, we treat it like Personal Information for as long as it is combined.
B. Information We Automatically Collect
- Device Information. We collect information about your device, such as your operating system, hardware model, application or browser type and version, and unique identifiers associated with your device.
- Log Information. We automatically collect certain information in system logs or similar files about how you interact with our Services, such as which buttons you click on. This Log Information may also include things like your IP address, browser or device configuration, date and time of access and cookie information.
- Information Used to Reidentify. We collect information in order to reidentify you across multiple browsing sessions and devices (for instance, connecting your current browsing with a prior session in which you provided us your name).
- Location Information. We may use certain information like your IP address or other Device Information or Log Information to estimate your location. We may also request to use location-enabled services on your device (which typically provide GPS or Wi-Fi access point details) to enhance our Services.
We, or other parties we do business with, may place or recognize unique cookies or other technologies on your browser when you visit our Services to collect information about your use of the Services and your other online activities over time and across different websites and apps, and may use that information to serve interest-based advertisements to you as you browse the Internet.
B. How We Protect Your Information
We seek to use reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards, and other security measures to protect personal information within our organization from growing threats. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the contact methods provided below.